How Pets Can Boost Family Therapy in Colorado Springs
Pets can offer plenty of health benefits to their owners. But did you know that the use of pets in therapy is growing? Read on to know more.
Pets are an integral part of any home or family. They show love and affection just like any other member does. But did you know that the use of these beloved creatures during family therapy in Colorado Springs is becoming more prevalent? The level of affection that an animal shares with its owners is deep and rewarding. Experts even suggest involving pets during the therapy to help improve the benefits of the procedure.
How Pets Can Help in Therapy
How pets can benefit therapy patients
Pet therapy is a fast-growing trend in the world of behavioral health treatment. It is a guided interaction between the patient and the animal. Even if you do not own a pet, this method can still be used with the help of an animal handler. It is believed that these furry favorites can contribute to faster recovery from mental health disorders.
Here are some of the reasons why you need to consider involving pets during family therapy:
- Being surrounded by these animals can make persons feel happier. This is an important step towards succeeding with family therapy. A more positive outlook can produce benefits such as improved mental health and well-being. It can also diminish the signs and symptoms of depression (over time).
- The sense of companionship offered by pets can decrease feelings of loneliness for some people. Veterans or individuals who suffer from these emotions can definitely benefit from the sense of companionship that these cute critters offer.
- Their presence can create a calming effect on an individual. As a result, patients can exhibit reduced signs of anxiety or worry.
- For children who are undergoing therapy, using pets can boost their nurturing and empathic skills. They are also more likely to be involved in the activity because children are naturally drawn to animals.
- A lot of people also turn to their furred friends during times of emotional turmoil. These pets can provide the emotional comfort and support they need. The benefits can also apply in the case of family therapy. The results are even more promising when you get the family’s pets involved in the therapy session.
- Pets encourage participants to engage in physical activity. The sense of unconditional love that these animals give can also result in an overall improvement of therapy patients.
The Go-To Option for Family Therapy in Colorado Spring
The Benefits of Pets in Therapy
The use of pets during family therapy can indeed prove beneficial. But the main factor for success is in the expertise and knowledge of the therapists you work with. For this reason, you need to look into Family Care Center, the premier behavioral health treatment facility. We are proud to cater to military veterans and their families in need of family therapy in Colorado Springs. You can check out the list of services that we have developed for veterans and their families here.
As one of the top family mental health services in Colorado, we are committed to providing state-of-the-art services. We have the latest in dialectical behavioral therapy Colorado Springs can offer such as TMR or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, ketamine therapy, and more. You can read about our team so you can be more confident in choosing us for your mental health needs. For all other inquiries, you may call us at (719) 540-2100.